Joy List Monday

It's Monday again. And it feels like it. Good thing for coffee, otherwise I'd be tempted to join the kitties in their after breakfast nap.

cats, black and white cats, rescue cats, adopt don't shop, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

In truth, I'm not one for taking naps, but seeing how cozy those two look snuggled together, I almost wish I were.

Before I get back to my to-do list, I wanted to share a Joy List (and invite you to write one, too), but first I also want to thank each of you who voted on my tulip design for last week's Spoonflower contest. I ended up in 28th place (out of 352). Not enough for a prize or to have my design immediately available, not not so bad, either. I truly appreciate your support and encouragement!

I've been working on another design for this week's challenge (Birds and Blooms), if I get it finished in time to enter I'll share it with you here next Monday (and before then on Instagram).

yellow freesias, freesia flowers, spring flowers, yellow flowers, bulbs, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Joy List Monday: 

a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

Today's list:

  • the wakening garden and time spent working in it
  • trying out the new cafe in town which finally opened last week
  • the fragrance of the freesias from my mom filling up my studio
  • hot coffee (yes, from the local roastery)
  • waking up to birdsong
  • the flowers that have started blooming outside and knowing that there will be many more for me to paint very soon
  • slowing down
  • reading this book


spring flowers, violas, self seeded plants, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

What's on your list today?

Comments

  1. Oh, I would love to have a coffee shop like that in town.
    My list is long, but the highlight would be the amazing gathering of loving energy that hovered here over the weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so excited about the coffee shop. It's just a few blocks from our house. :)

      So glad your list is long, Karen. Loving energy is always a good thing!

      xo

      Delete
  2. I worked in my garden this afternoon. A neighbor walked by and called out, "Nancy, it's so good to see you out in your garden again." I replied, "I'm good to be out here." That sums it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, what's better than that, Nancy? Ahhh. I love this time of year! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment