Joy List Monday

Hello! How is your Monday shaping up? I hope you had a restful weekend.

I've been savoring our daily sunshine. Right now my home and studio are filled with it. I'm so grateful.

I've been trying to embrace the slowing down that comes with these shortening days. Honoring my feelings, my energy. So often we fight against it, but I don't want to do that this year. As I mentioned last week, SLOW will be my mantra for these coming months.

slowing down, kitchen, journal writing, being present, joy, joy list monday, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I think it will help me to be more productive overall. To be intentional. To savor the days. To always remember gratitude.

Are you with me?

Joy List Monday: 

a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

My list:

  • sunshine, sunshine, sunshine
  • spotting a bald eagle flying over the house
  • salvaging the last of the nasturtium flowers to bring inside
  • cutting marigold arrangements
  • grasshoppers and butterflies on a recent walk
  • taking long walks with the dogs
  • all the words of hope, love and inspiration from thoughtful creative people in the wake of last week's election
  • creative cooking
  • dog snuggles
  • watching the moon rise out the kitchen window while making dinner and listening to music
  • sketching
  • taking time to be silly
  • painting
  • flower stalks forming on the orchids in my studio
  • slippers
  • HOPE -- it's a beautiful, powerful thing
watercolor, botanical watercolor, botanical painting, painting process, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

What's on your list today?

Comments

  1. I also had SUNSHINE on my list! It has been a blessing this November!
    I just love the acorns. So well done my friend.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hasn't it been wonderful!!

      And thank you. Acorns are so much fun.

      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  2. your work is beautiful and your energy more so...glad I discovered you on Alyssa Burke's blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisalynn! Thanks for stopping by. Your sweet comments have made my day!

      Wishing you joy!

      Delete

Post a Comment