Joy List Monday -- Moody Autumn in the Garden

autumn, sunflowers, sunflower seed heads, cloudy sky, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

It's a cloudy morning, but incredibly warm today. The garden is still holding on in spite of the freezing temperatures of last week.

roses, miniature roses, autumn, garden, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

There are little surprises everywhere.

autumn, garden, pansy, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Flashes of beauty and delight.

nasturtiums, nasturtium flowers, autumn, garden, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

I think the cold temperatures brought about the unusual colors in these nasturtium flowers.

Magical.

You never know what you might discover if you're paying attention.

woodbine, virginia creeper, autumn, garden, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry


Joy List Monday: 

a weekly ritual
a reminder to stop and pay attention to the little beauties and graces that make life magical and to set aside time for gratitude each day

Today's list:

  • beauties from the garden
  • potato leek soup and freshly baked bread
  • pumpkins on the front steps
  • warmer temperatures
  • grasshoppers leaping in the grass near a meadow on our walk
  • cozy bed
  • being featured on the Skillshare blog as an "up and coming teacher"
  • the crunch of fallen leaves and the rustle of dry leaves still in the trees
  • quiet mornings in my studio
  • stillness
What's on your Joy List today?

Wishing you a magic-filled week.

Comments

  1. Oh that soup sounds good and the bread. Soup was on my joy list again this week. :-)
    My husband and I found the Amazon Prime Music App, we had so much fun playing songs from our HS days. We laughed and danced while making our beef vegetable soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... I can just imagine it! Matthias and I do that kind of thing sometimes, too. So fun!!

      Yay, soup!!

      Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

      Delete
  2. You are an excellent teacher already Anne rather than an up and coming one! I love the colour of the nasturtium flowers - they look almost vintage! My joy list today:

    making cakes in a warm kitchen

    creating things and making packaging

    new craft supplies

    Anne Butera Skillshare classes to look forward to doing

    an open and activated mind

    I hope your week is going well Anne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely list, Simone! And thanks for your sweet encouragements. :)

      Sounds like you're having a wonderful, creative week. Hope the rest of it is lovely, too!!

      Delete
  3. Your joy lists always bring a smile to my face and a mental reminder to go out in the garden with my camera :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed responding to your comment, Sharon.

      I'm so glad to know my Joy Lists inspire you. There's so much beauty to discover just outside our doors.

      :)

      Delete

Post a Comment