Revisiting Summer Bliss

Although there are signs of autumn everywhere, technically it's still summer (at least for a couple more weeks).

And I'm going to keep enjoying all the things I love about summer for as long as I can before I say goodbye for the year.

Tomatoes. Garden fresh herbs. Nasturtium flower arrangements around the house. Hummingbirds and butterflies zooming through the garden. An abundance of painting subjects. Sandals.

Soon I'll be saying goodbye to them all until next year.

My Summer Bliss fabrics, on the other hand, can be enjoyed all year long. No need to say goodbye when daylight wanes and temperatures drop.

Summer Bliss, Fabric design, surface pattern design, watercolor, botanical watercolor, Spoonflower, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

Adding smaller scale versions of my fabric designs has been on my to-do list for a while and I've finally gotten around to getting test swatches printed.

I love these new smaller scale prints!

Summer Bliss, Fabric design, surface pattern design, watercolor, botanical watercolor, Spoonflower, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

The larger scale patterns would be great for pillows, curtains or tote bags.

Summer Bliss, Fabric design, surface pattern design, watercolor, botanical watercolor, Spoonflower, Anne Butera, My Giant Strawberry

The smaller scale patterns would be lovely in clothing, zipper pouches, as purse linings and in quilts.

You can see (and purchase) all of the designs on Spoonflower.

I'm still planning out the quilt (and other projects) I'd like to create from my fabrics, imagining the mix of smaller and larger scale patterns, considering the coordinating colors I'll want to use. Sadly, that sort of project gets put on the back burner these days. I'll get to them eventually. Until then I like seeing the fabric in my studio. These designs make me happy!

While I was working on updating my Spoonflower shop, I also made some of my designs available as gift wrap and wallpaper, something I've been wanting to do for a while.

I hope you are discovering and savoring the bliss in these last weeks of summer. I'm looking forward to the joys of autumn, too, but these last delights of summer are always especially sweet, don't you think?

Comments

  1. So pretty Anne! I love that you are finding new ways to apply your artwork and I can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sharon. I'm so glad we've been along for each other's journeys, witnessing the twist and turns and cheering each other on. I'm looking forward to seeing where each of our paths lead us!

      Delete

Post a Comment