Joy in June

Hello! It's June. Can you believe it? It's been cool and rainy. And it's not bothering me a bit. I'm glad to not have to run the sprinklers. And glad that the roses might last a little longer now that the 90 degree weather is gone for a bit. They're blooming like mad and I'm not at all timid about cutting them now that there are so many flowers on each plant.




It was raining when I cut this bunch.




I wish you could smell them!

It's been nice having a couple days break from my blog. After having blogged almost every day for the month of May, two days of not blogging seems like a long time. But I didn't want to stay away too much longer because I want to share my June plan with you. Joy. Pretty simple. For June I plan to focus on Joy. Every day.




I invite you to join me. My plan is to keep a notebook this month and record something every day. I hope you will, too.

I made a notebook with that little watercolor to adorn the cover. Maybe you'd like to make a little notebook to keep your Joys, too. It was very simple to do and I really like how mine turned out. I used 8 1/2 x 11 printer paper for my pages. First I trimmed 1/2 inch from the long side (to make it 10 1/2 inches).




Then I cut the paper into three pieces that were 3 1/2 by 8 1/2.






Cut as many pages as you'd like for your book. I used three sheets so my book has 36 pages.

For the cover I used a piece of card stock cut to 3 1/2 x 8.




I used my sewing machine to sew my painted design to the front and then lined the inside of the card stock with some decorative paper using spray adhesive.




It's easy to use and works really well.

Finally, I sewed the pages into the book. Just laid them down and used my sewing machine to sew along the fold.




And now I have a sweet notebook to write or draw or paste a month's worth of Joys.




Won't you join me in celebrating Joy this month?

Comments

  1. The roses are gorgeous and worthy of any competition for loveliness! I would like to join you in June with joy everyday although it may take me a few days to get started! It is cold, dark, wet and miserable here so it is a little bit difficult in seeing joy at the moment! Hopefully this project will give me something to focus on. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roses are gorgeous! I will join in the joy fest! I love that Anne. Thanks for spreading the joy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure am loving the roses. Glad you are, too!

    I hope you'll both be inspired to make your own Joy books. I'm looking forward to hearing about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohhhh, I'm too late for this, but maybe I could join in another time - I love your idea! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment