Handmade Joy Exchange Celebration

I'm celebrating today. Joyful about my Handmade Joy Exchange.




Do you remember it?

Back in March I sent out an invitation on my blog. Nine people took on the challenge of creating something Joyful to send to another one of the participants. We were a truly international group ranging from six US states, Canada, London, Italy and Saudi Arabia. I shuffled the names around and the ten of us were matched up each to one giver and one recipient.

As my contribution to the exchange I decided to adorn a journal with a fabric cyanotype I'd created last summer. I sewed it onto some canvas and attached it to the journal with spray adhesive. I'd never worked with spray adhesive before and I really enjoyed how easy it was to use.




I added a little message inside the front cover because I can't get enough doilies.




I also crocheted one of my popcorn stitch bracelets:




I sent off my creations to Karen and then I waited to hear from everyone (and watch my mailbox for a package from Saudi Arabia). It was so much fun to see what everyone was creating and know that there were all these packages of Joy on their ways around the world!




Two packages took two journeys on their ways to their recipients, hand delivered by friends in the end. One from the US to the UK to Saudi Arabia and another from the US to the UK to Italy! It really made me think about the postal service and how amazing it is.

I was thrilled to receive my package from Saudi Arabia.




Ishrat sent me some lovely crocheted (and crochet adorned) goodies. So sweet and fun! Her card even had the prettiest crocheted edge.




All in all, I think the exchange was a success even if it did take a while for everyone to receive their packages. Have you ever taken part of an exchange like this? Would you do it in the future? I think I would consider organizing another exchange. It was a lot of fun.

I do hope that you will take a minute to visit all of the players to get a better look at all of the creations and to celebrate with us!

Laura
Sharon
Michelle
Vixie
Stina
Judy
Ishrat
Karen
Sharon

Comments

  1. Thank you, Anne, for inspiring and organizing all of us. You've created such a sweet spot to land over here at "My Giant Strawberry"!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Anne, for pulling together so many diverse people for this joyful exchange! I love the items you exchanged and I'm looking forward to viewing the blogs of all the participants. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! that journal you made is really gorgeous. I love what you did. And wow, what you rec'd is amazing, too!
    too bad I missed it. next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I love your crocheted bracelet...gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Anne!!
    I really enjoyed participating at the exchange...and I'm looking forward to visiting the blogs of all the other participants to see what they made!!
    I'm having a really happy day because of the Celebration today! I woke up screaming: it's the Celebration day!!! ...and singing a silly song to myself to celebrate! :)
    Enjoy your day!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Anne. Seeing the variety and beauty of the gifts prepared and received gets the creative energies flowing. Love that crocheted edge on the note card! and the sweet crocheted card pouch... I hope Ishrat doesn't mind if I tinker with those ideas a bit.
    Happy celebration day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne! Thanks for organizing such a fun exchange! Its wonderful to see what everyone sent to each other. I love my napkins and Laura's post on the doll I sent her - too funny! Have a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad I got to participate in this exchange! Picking a day to blog about it was great - I've loved looking at all the beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a talented bunch of people! Lots of lovely original ideas. I would consider taking part in an exchange in the future when I am not so busy! Well done on organising such a successful exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you once again Anne. It was lovely to be a part of it. Your handmade creations are gorgeous. I'm looking forward to seeing the other blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne, that journal and bracelet are to-die-for! I just posted about the exchange at www.honeywild.net . Thanks so much for organizing this, it was really fun! I love the photo of all the items made, they're all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a wonderful exchange, Anne! Thank you for organizing it!! All of the gifts were wonderful and I do think that much *JOY* was exchanged!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm raising my glass to all of you! Three cheers for a successful exchange. Creativity and joy shared all around the world! Thank you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for organising all of this - it was such fun to participate, and I think everyone received a welcome bit of joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that is such a beautiful, joy filled exchange! Amazing talent out there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful exchange anne! I love to join you guys when you organize another. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment